Government agencies at both the state and federal level provide extensive information about burning and the environmental impacts of backyard and open pit burning.
Burn Right Products is committed to promoting safer and environmentally friendly burning by using one of our Hi-Temp Mini-Incinerators to replace burn barrels and firepits. Before you burn please reference the below information.
There are alternatives to burning household and yard wastes:
Below is a list of what you can do to limit the amount of burning. The State of Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources (DNR) recommends that you:
- Reduce usage–buy in bulk or larger quantities and demand less packaging on the products you buy.
- Reuse items–find someone else who can use it, have a yard sale, or donate it to a resale organization.
- Recycle newspaper, office paper, cardboard, corrugated cardboard, magazines, aluminum, metal and acceptable plastics.
- Compost leaves and plant clippings. Consult DNR district or area staff, University of Wisconsin-Extension and your local government to find out whether local ordinances allow you to compost raw vegetables, bread, egg shells and coffee grounds.
- Chip brush and clean wood to make mulch or decorative chips, or use it as heating fuel in wood stoves or boilers.
- Dispose of allowable waste materials at a licensed landfill. For more information about what items may be disposed of at licensed landfills, contact the Recycling Program at your DNR district or area office.
In many areas there is no alternative to burning which is why many state and federal agencies recommend using a modified Burn Barrel (A.K.A homemade incinerator) for burning. We have conducted research with various national organizations and agencies to support the promotion of burning that is both safer for people and has less of an impact on the environment.
Home made incinerators can be confusing and difficult to build. Our research found that the average “home made incinerator” DOES NOT meet government safety recommendations. The average homeowner either found it too difficult to build or simply didn’t follow the guidelines. Burn Right Products LLC has taken all the guess work out of the equation and created the perfect solution for the homeowner and government agencies.
Although modifying a burn barrel does help a little, it is not sufficient. No matter what one does, burn barrels (55 gallon drums) are not designed for burning, causing the fire to starve for oxygen resulting in smoldering and nasty smoke. Burn barrels also release a large amount of dioxins into the atmosphere which hurt the entire community.
Our models follow every guideline recommended by top agencies. Our products exceed all safety guidelines and are much more friendly to the environment.
With our models ashes fall straight to the ground because the bottom (base ring) is on the outside of the burning chamber. Once incineration has been achieved and the ashes have cooled, just tip the incinerator body and move away from the ash pile.
Our patented air flow design includes 4 internal flanges evenly spaced around the circumference of the incinerator body allowing air to pass freely around the burnable materials to create an extremely hot and efficient burn. Due to temperatures reaching 1600 Deg. F – All models are constructed from 100% Stainless Steel.
Learn more about a better way to burn – contact us today.